Most people hold pain or discomfort somewhere in their body, breath or mind.
Invariably they are also dealing with difficult emotions, interpersonal challenges, work stressors or life changes that create additional tensions.
A therapeutic approach to yoga teaches you how to effectively address these issues and find ways to ‘move’ and change both on, and off the mat.
You may experience:
- no specific pain, but wish to bring more ease through your body and peace through your mind.
- non-specific lower back pain.
- persisting pain from arthritis, musculoskeletal conditions, headache, cancer treatment, surgery.
- chronic pain* from injury (this affects 38% of people).
- chronic pain* with no identifiable original cause (this affects 33% of people).
*Chronic pain is defined as a persisting pain state that has continued well beyond an ‘expected’ healing time. This could be months or years.
Why work with me?
- I am an internationally certified Yoga Therapist and senior Yoga Teacher.
- I consistently apply these principles to my back pain, recovery from surgery and life’s many complex challenges!
- I have been teaching people with a range of injuries, health, and chronic health issues for more than 14 years.
- I have studied with a world leader in pain education and research, the Neuro Orthopedic Institute (NOI) in Australia.
Clients talk about their capacity to change their life:
I decided to work with Caroline following major back surgery, knowing I had a long period of recovery ahead of me. My post-op pain improved considerably by learning how to relax more effectively and through meditating. However, even more beneficial was I felt not only calmer and more accepting of my limitations, but more positive and mindful in everyday tasks. I recommend and encourage these practices to everyone, but particularly if recovering from illness or surgery. Kim, Physiotherapist
This is a 5 module course including:
Module 1: A contemporary understanding of pain
Module 2: Move with ease
Module 3: Rest – it may be a 4-letter word!
Module 4: A good night’s sleep
Module 5: Managing your emotions and mind
Interested to talk?
Leave me your details below and I’ll call you. We can discuss your symptoms and understand how this course can assist you.