This policy is in place to support the sustainability of the studio and to ensure availability of session times to those wishing to attend.
Casual classes – A minimum of 24 hours’ notice is required or the class fee is charged.
Block session/Class pass – Payment is for a designated time-frame of sessions at a specified time and is not extended. Payment is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Yoga Therapy/Private sessions – One full business days’ notice is required for cancellation or the session fee is charged.
Events – Deposit payment is non-refundable and non-transferable. Final event payment is non-refundable and non-transferable unless another suitable person fills that space.
Guidelines for Studio Classes
Please bring your own mat and for hygiene purposes, all equipment. Also your meditation shawl if you use one.
Do wear loose fitting clothes that are comfortable for movement (natural fibres are ideal). Dress in layers, with something warm to wear (& socks) for relaxation.
Please do not wear strong perfume or after-shave as some people have allergies.
Plan not to eat for 2-3 hours prior to class (if you are hungry, something light like fruit or juice is OK).
Plan to arrive a few minutes early so you can begin in an unhurried frame of mind.
In respect of others electronic devices e.g. mobile phones are to be switched off and left outside the room.
Prior to the class, please advise the teacher of any change to your physical or medical condition e.g. pregnancy, injury, illness that may affect your participation.
Please do not leave the class once deep relaxation (yoga nidra) has begun, or during pranayama (breathing practices) or meditation.
And finally, it is essential to practise in the way that is right for you.
Guidelines for Online Classes
In registering for and joining an online class @ Experience Yoga you agree that:
- You have submitted an online health detail’s form and that your current health condition is unchanged.
- If your health condition has changed significantly e.g. recent surgery, injury, pregnancy, a new online medical detail’s form has been submitted.
- You have cleared a space in which to practise, moved any sharp objects/furniture out of the way and that other people (not booked into the class) are not in this space.
- You have suitable equipment for your safety and warmth – options provided below.
- You have the appropriate software (ZOOM video platform) downloaded on your device prior to joining the class and that the Zoom link provided is not for sharing.
- It is optional to have your video turned on however this limits the guidance that can be provided by the teacher. Your audio will be muted by Experience Yoga on commencement to avoid background noise.
- If you are unable to access the class due to your internet connection, computer software or other computer issues, or late arrival and the class is ‘locked’ for security, that no refund will be provided.
- Experience Yoga and any other substitute teachers are limited in providing you with personal feedback during the classes, and that you always ensure your safety and wellbeing. The waiver/disclaimer in the health detail’s form holds true.
- You respect the privacy of other students in the class and follow your practice, not anyone else’s.
Guidelines for Equipment
There are many options for yoga props – here are some ideas below:
Clothing – tracksuit pants, stretch leggings, layers of different thickness
Yoga mat – camping mat, thick beach towel, picnic rug
Bolsters – firm pillows, cushion seats from the couch, rolled blankets, foam roller
Chair – no wheels and with back support e.g. dining chair
Head support – small cushion, folded large scarf
Block – DVD box sets; large & sturdy books
Strap – belt, long scarf, dressing gown tie
Eye bag – scarf, flannel