We Experience Yoga, are a sole trader with a Registered Business Number 84818252515 at 2A Regent Street Brighton East VIC 3187 AUSTRALIA (“Experience Yoga /Our/We”). Experience Yoga provides Yoga, Yoga Therapy and Online Courses (together “services”).
We are committed to providing quality services to you and in providing you these services we collect information, known as ‘Personal Data’.
The Purpose of this Policy
1. To describe how we collect, use, share, retain and safeguard Personal Data.
2. To set out your individual rights – your right to know what data is held about you, how this data is processed and how you can place restrictions on the use of your data.
3. To outline our ongoing obligations to you in respect to how we manage your Personal Data, and
4. To explain what kind of information we collect, the purposes for which we use the information and how we may share this information.
To provide a high standard to our client’s personal data and privacy, we adopt and aim to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth, Australia).
Victoria, Australia is identified as the named territory where the processing of Personal Data takes place.
You can learn more about your privacy rights at the Victorian Information Commissioner Office .
What is Personal Data?
Personal Data is information relating to an identified person. Examples include an individual’s name, age, address, date of birth, gender and contact details.
Sensitive Personal Data is known as special categories of Personal Data. This may be information relating to and not limited to, an individual’s health, ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs. We are legally required to comply with specific data processing requirements for Personal and Sensitive Data.
What Personal Data is collected by Us?
As a provider of Yoga, Yoga Therapy and Online Courses, we may collect:
(a) Personal Data:
• Your name,
• Contact details including address, email, telephone, and those of an emergency contact,
• Date of birth,
(b) Sensitive Personal Data:
• Current health and details of past injuries or illnesses,
• Photographs, audio and visual – only for our joint use,
• Aspects of your health that may affect your participation or our provision of services to you.
Why do we collect Personal Data?
Personal Data is obtained in many ways including interviews, text message, online chat, by telephone, email, via our website. By providing this information you are consenting to our use in the manner set out in this Policy.
When we collect Personal Data we will explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Third party processors
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Data only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. We may use third party suppliers for management of specific services e.g. payment processing, and they may store some of your Personal Data to provide such service to you.
We do not sell or pass your personal information onto third parties.
We use the following third-party providers for our service to you.
- Client records, as paper documentation, are stored in a locked private filing cabinet at Experience Yoga offices. A digital version is password protected and stored on Google drive, which also has systems to protect your Personal Data. We may also keep your records on remote digital devices that are encrypted and password protected.
If you consent to subscribe to our Mailchimp email list, we email 2-3 times a month with content relating to our services. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe button.
Communications with us via email are stored in our account with iiNet.
- To schedule Appointments, we use Acuity Booking System.
- Payments for our services use third party payment facilitators, Stripe and Paypal. All are PCI DSS v 3.2.1 compliant to ensure your financial data is secure and we can never access your full payment details.
- Our Website is hosted by DigitalOn. While using our website, we may collect your unique online electronic identifier – an IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
- Marketing from us may include Social Media. If you follow, like and interact with our social media accounts then your comments may be public depending on your personal privacy settings. Please check this if you are concerned and let us know if you do not wish to be tagged in any of our posts.
Links to other websites
Disclosure of Personal Data
We may release Personal Data where appropriate in a number of circumstances, including the following:
• Where required or authorised by law;
• To enforce or apply our agreements with you;
• To protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others; and
• With your consent following specific notice or request from us.
If you have received Services from us, we will store your data for seven years from your last Service with us (‘Duration Period’), as required by our insurers for any potential claims and for taxation purposes.
When your Personal Data is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Data.
Access to your Personal Data
You may request a copy of data that we store about you for $100 (+GST) by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to protect your Personal Data we require identification from you before releasing the requested information. Repeated, unfounded or excessive requests may be challenged by us.
There are some circumstances that may limit the information that we can provide to you, for example, public interest, law enforcement, legal and or health related matters.
Maintaining the quality of your Personal Data
We take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Data is accurate, complete and up to date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable.
If you have a complaint about our handling of your Personal Data, please contact this State Office.
Latest update: AUGUST 2021