Join a calm inviting space, move out of the
busy and into repose, find your personal place of ease.
We do too much on a daily basis.
In a culture of constant achieving, busy-ness is glorified.
This supported practice brings a deep, felt sense of relaxation.
All that is required is a willingness to let go.
Restorative yoga uses bolsters, blocks and blankets to support the body fully in poses.
This promotes healing, improves recovery and reduces stress.
As a result you experience:
- less pain and discomfort, as your nervous system moves into a relaxed state.
- more restful and deeper sleep, as your body and breath simultaneously become easeful.
- more energy and vitality, as without unnecessary tensions your natural energy is released.
- freedom from unhelpful emotions and thoughts, so that you regain clarity and focus.
There are numerous ‘medical’ benefits:
- a lowering of blood pressure and heart rate, reducing the exertion on your vital organs.
- a lowering of blood sugar levels and risk of diabetes, reducing your risk of chronic health conditions.
- an increase in ‘good’ cholesterol levels, improved digestion and elimination, enhancing your energy.
- the promotion of deeper sleep states which improve the functioning of your brain, to bring resilience and focus.
- activation of the relaxation response, enhancing your nervous system to restore and rebuild itself.
Deeply habituated work postures e.g. grasping the mouse tight in the right hand whilst ‘thinking’ at the computer, have resulted in tight muscles and neck pain. Restorative yoga helped unravel this tension and left me feeling refreshed and more aware of these entrenched patterns. Caroline’s attention to detail in the creation of her space and her calm, informative teaching is much appreciated.
Group class: Restorative yoga for health
Online via Zoom platform
Wednesdays monthly @ 730 – 845pm
15 July, 19 August, 16 September, 21 October,
18 November, 16 December 2020
Purchase a 4 session pass to guarantee your space.
Casual bookings are welcomed. Book a casual spot below:
Observe how when do not rest, you wear out,
wear down, and start running on empty.
Discover and enjoy the process of slowing down.
Release restlessness from your body, breath and mind
to experience your natural state of calm again.